Supta sukhasana/bliss pose
(Lying down sweetness)
- Sit up with your legs in front of you.
- Cross your legs with your feet towards the front of your mat.
- Take your weight onto your hands, placed behind the buttocks. Lift the buttocks off the floor and tuck them under towards your feet laying the sacrum (back of the pelvis) as flat to the ground as possible.
- Extending from the waist as far as possible, stretch out the spine as you lay yourself flat on your back.
- Stretch your arms over your head onto the floor.
Repeat with the other cross of the legs.
DURATION: One minute on each side
FOCUS: Allow your lower back to settle and release your inner thighs without tightening your upper back or neck
Contraindications: In the case of a stiff back or shoulders, place a couple of yoga blocks on the floor over your head for you to bring your arms onto. Where tightness occurs in the knees, support both knees to equal height with cushions or come out of the pose.