Adho Mukha Svanasana (belts on door handles)
VARIATION: belts on door handles
- Place two long yoga belts (firm rope/ dressing gown ties) around door knobs on either side of one door with the door open mid way.
- Place a yoga mat at the end of the door.
- Place the right side belt around the very top of your left thigh bone and visa versa.
- Walk the hands along the yoga mat as far as possible away from the door (or to weighted blocks).
- Side ribs in (towards one another)
- Breast bone forwards
- Knee caps up.
- Thigh tops go back as front body goes forwards.
- Keep the head raised looking towards the hands whilst creating front body length.
- Release head whilst maintaining front body length
- Let the brain settle and breath deepen.
TIPS & CAUTIONS:
- Extending the hands to something that you can pull yourself forwards to can be very helpful.
- Make sure that no one is likely to come through the door or push against it.
- Make sure that the door knobs are secure
- Make sure the belts are of even length